Thursday, August 6, 2009

Harper's bizarre

Would someone please make Susan Boyle go away? Or explain why she has, apparently, been elected “Queen for Eternity”? You'd think she was the only mildly talented head case in the world.

I just heard--on national news--that "Harper’s Bazaar" gave her a head-to-toe makeover, featured in glorious detail in this month’s issue. Like that will change her wretchedness.

The love affair with Susan began because shallow people the world over were flabbergasted a frump could sing without shattering glass. For some reason, it just won’t die.

I feel like the “I see people” kid from “The Sixth Sense.” The only difference is that I’m weirded out by hearing voices--okay, just one voice--warbling the uber-irritating “I Dreamed a Dream,” over and over and over again. Somebody--anybody--please make it stop. Not just for me, either. My husband is sick of hearing my piss-poor imitations of the singing lass.

No comments:

Post a Comment